Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Roadtrek or Pleasure-way?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Roadtrek or Pleasure-way?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Darrah

Wichita, Ks.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/12 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey everyone, just curious who makes the better Class B?
Roadtrek or Pleasure-way?

And yes I know opinions will vary depending on what one you may own.
Just looking for input..

Thanks

Pat (human I think.)
Taz (dog, just don't tell him that)
2009 Majestic Tour II Ford E250
My blog: Http://visionsbydarrah.Wordpress.com/

Aikensbest

Aiken, SC. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/12 03:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would say...GreatWest...

Aikensbest
2001 GreatWestClassic

haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/12 03:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aikensbest wrote:

I would say...GreatWest...

I agree...I loved the one I had.

Retried Teamster
2007 Dodge
2012 Sierra
2002 Honda Goldwing

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/12 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sales figures often tell the tale of a best selling RV. And Class B motorhomes jumped in sales by a whopping 25% so far in 2012! Fuel savers I guess!

Pleasure-Way is the #1 selling Canadian made Class B in Canada....RoadTrek has been #1 seller in the USA for over 22 years.

The Winniebago ERA was one of the top 3 selling Class B models in the industry with 15.9% market share for calendar 2010. Following a brief hiatus in production to develop the new model, the newly redesigned 2012 ERA will be reintroduced this spring and is expected to becomee a #1 seller again with all of the improvements.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/12 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK--I don't have a dog in this fight, as I own a Born Free Class C. But I have looked at both and think that PW has a very slight edge over RT in overall quality. But the RT is built on the Chevy chassis which I find handles better than the Ford (my BF is a Ford) and only the PW Lexor model is on the Chevy. Owners of both brands seem very happy with them and I suspect either would be a good choice. (Not to omit Great West, of course, but I've never inspected nor driven one).

2015 Tiger Bengal TX
Chevy 3500HD, V8

nbking

Ottawa Ontario Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/12 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have owned a Pleasureway Excel and a Roadtrek Popular. We found that we liked the Pleasureway better. The Chevrolet did handle somewhat easier but it would not be a major factor in deciding which one to purchase. We just found that the Pleasureway was better built.

mumkin

Minnetonka, MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/12 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I liked my Great West... and I like my LTV (but it's a C), and now I have met many people who love their LTV B's. Personally between Roadtrek and Pleasureway, I preferred the PW mainly because of the vastly superior bathroom.

As to quality, I'd say that they are pretty much equal.

As to this comment:

The Winniebago ERA was one of the top 3 selling Class B models in the industry with 15.9% market share for calendar 2010. Following a brief hiatus in production to develop the new model, the newly redesigned 2012 ERA will be reintroduced this spring and is expected to becomee a #1 seller again with all of the improvements.

This must be a cut and paste from some PR brochure. Their hiatus was surely because of low sales. Who pulls a unit for a year for a re-design unless it had major issues... and it isn't that much different. But Era will get its market share because of the low price... and its quality - while OK, doesn't match the other manufacturers.

My advice is to buy by the floor plan that fits your needs best. They are all good!!

Mumkin
2011 LTV Libero

Davydd

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/12 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you go by popularity just remember that would make McDonalds the best hamburger.

Quality wise there is not a wit of difference to be concerned about with the major Class B manufacturers. It really comes down to features (not much difference there either) and design layout. Design layout is an individual thing. The original question was Pleasure-way vs. Roadtrek. My personal preference in design layout would be a Pleasure-way and I have given my opinions why numerous times. It is a lot easier to compare the converters on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter platform than the Ford and Chevy platforms which have more variable differences between them.

Davydd
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter B Camper Van
Visited states in an RV

gerrym51

unknown

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/12 08:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Davydd wrote:

If you go by popularity just remember that would make McDonalds the best hamburger.

Quality wise there is not a wit of difference to be concerned about with the major Class B manufacturers. It really comes down to features (not much difference there either) and design layout. Design layout is an individual thing. The original question was Pleasure-way vs. Roadtrek. My personal preference in design layout would be a Pleasure-way and I have given my opinions why numerous times. It is a lot easier to compare the converters on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter platform than the Ford and Chevy platforms which have more variable differences between them.

it does have the best fries

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/12 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked extensively at both when we were buying. I compared the two companies similar models at an RV Show where I could go in and out of both companies models right there and compare. Both make nice Class Bs. I was more comfortable and felt less confined inside the Roadtreks built on Chevy chassis than I was in those by Pleasureway. This may have just been me. I did like the PW built on Ford but is too large for me to keep on my driveway so that was ruled out right away. Each has advantages. The PW has a regular gravity dump system. The RT uses a built in macerator. While the macerator is nice, it can have its problems and the PW's system - being more conventional is considered better by some.

The best answer to your question is to answer it yourself by going to see what is offered by both companies (an RV show is best for this - because they are all right there at the same time to compare) and see for yourself which you like better and which you feel the most comfortable in.

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Roadtrek or Pleasure-way?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS