Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Next
Sponsored By:
Michael in MN

MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/14 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 16BHB, and am unimpressed by how the plumbing was run under the trailer. One thing I like to do to camp in cold weather, but with exposed plumbing crossing back and forth across the underside of the trailer, I end up using water jugs instead of plumbing any time it gets near freezing. So I figured out that on the 16BHB you can run all the supply side plumbing inside the trailer without disrupting the look of the interior too badly.

A trip to the home despot and a hundred bucks in PEX, and I now have indoor plumbing.

The red lines are how I routed the supply lines. I ran white & red PEX from the pump (P) under the shower, where I picked up the shower and toilet, through the gap between the shower and dinette, under the dinette bench where I picked up the water heater (W), then under the dinette benches around to the kitchen.

The plumbing is visible in the 5" gap between the shower and dinette and would be visible between the dinette and kitchen, but I already filled the kitchen side gap with slide-out shelves. So on my camper, you can't see pipes in that gap.

Here's a pic of the shelf. It hides the plumbing that feeds the kitchen sink.

This is the first step toward being able to camp a bit farther into the fall before having to winterize. I'm dreaming up a way to have a small tank under the bunk that I can switch in to the suction side, and if that fails, I'll add tank heaters.

Here's a winter pic for those in the south who are suffering the heat. Just think - ice cold slushies wherever you look. Just remember that the yellow ones aren't lemonade.

-----------------------------
LivinLite Camplite 16BHB
2011 Ford F150 EgoBoost

Poncherelly

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/14 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm in the middle of installing a SeeLevel system and have the pump and water heater connected. I have a reset light beside the seelevel but can't figure out how it needs to be connected. I might leave it separate. Next step once the mosquitos allow me to spend more time outside I'll add the sensors on to the tanks and finish the install. Odd its not standard, but I guess if it would I wouldn't be installing (IMO) a better system than the standard stuff.

2015 Camplite 21BHS pulled by a 2014 Audi Q7

Now that's camping

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/14 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great info Dbegno1, thanks for sharing.

Dbegno1

south louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The ground clearance was increased 3 inches by installing a lift kit purchased from Perfect Casita,the drain fittings were entirely too low.

Dbegno1

south louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The battery disconnect allows me to completely shut down all systems while in storage and also came in handy when my wife applied aerosol bug spray and set off the gas detector in a small quaint campground in Colorado.

* This post was edited 07/10/14 05:56pm by Dbegno1 *

Dbegno1

south louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

border="0" alt="" />
the "field effect" sensors work flawlessly. I calibrated the tanks by taping the sensors to the tank, adding 2 gallon buckets of water at a time, then adjusted them up or down before finally using the double sided tape for permanent placement.

* This post was edited 07/10/14 06:01pm by Dbegno1 *

Dbegno1

south louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/14 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 6x15 Toyhauler made by Livin Lite. I installed the Sensa Tank system from LevelGuard Products. After much research it seemed to be the most dependable and easiest to install. It simply tells you your level in thirds.The sensors adhere to the outside of the tank. I am in the electronic/process industry and am very familiar with various level sensing technologies and am amazed at the technology used in their system. For the battery I installed a Trimetrics monitor from Bogart Engineering. It gives you voltage levels, current consumption, battery charge, etc.
I must caution you to only tackle one project at a time because each installation has wiring procedures that are not too complicated but need to be followed exactly. Don't use crimp type connectors wherever possible,use solder and heat shrink connections and they will be trouble free for a long time.
I will try to follow up with photos.

funpilot

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/14 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Poncherelly wrote:

Hey guys, just picked up a Camplite 21BHS and was wondering if yours came with a controll panel for the clear / grey / black tanks? I don't have one nor do I have the battery or propane gauge in a control pannel.

Is this something they don't add or is it just mine?

I just placed my order for the 28BHS and it does come with a basic monitor that does what you ask for. Comments on the new livinlite forum (not Yahoo) indicate there are much more accurate ones, but much more expensive.

djsamuel

Clermont, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/14 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

exploringcarolina wrote:

djsamuel wrote:

None of that came on my 21BHS. They would probably add it as part of an order. They are good at accommodating special requests.

Nice looking rig!

Thank you. We really enjoy it.

Picture of Our Trailer

Camplite 21BHS

djsamuel

Clermont, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/14 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

exploringcarolina wrote:

When we move up in size from the 11RD, decided to go with a 21BHS. Like the bunks, dinette, and 60X80 queen bed that has room on both sides to get on & off. At first we were interested in the 13QBB, but decided to go with a larger CampLite. Thinking our 2013 260HP V6 Frontier with a 6300lb towing capacity will be sufficient to tow the 21BHS with empty weight around 3600lbs with GVW of 5000lbs.

Is everyone towing their 21BHS with a V8 powered TV?

Tow our 21BHS with a Ram 1500 with a 4.7L V8. Tows great.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS