Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next
Sponsored By:
djsamuel

Clermont, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/14 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did a search of prices and used a price from Southland RV to get my local dealer here in Florida to drop down for our 21BHS. He knew either he would match the price, or I'd make the drive to pick up the camper. He matched the price. We still paid a bit more than other trailers, but not nearly as much if we didn't talk the dealer down some. We paid a bit more than 2/3 of MSRP, but are happy with the price, and the camper.

Picture of Our Trailer

Camplite 21BHS

Mountianeer

NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/14 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks exploringcarolina! We are going to the RV show in Raleigh this weekend. Plan to talk to the folks at DH there. I'll check out the other two.

2012 GMC Sierra SLE 4wd Ext Cab Z71 5.3L/3.42
RV/TT...TBD, something in the 4,500-5,500 dry weight range

exploringcarolina

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/14 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These guys have competitive pricing:

http://www.sunnyislandrv.com/inventory.php?category=&manufacturer=Livin+Lite&brand=&condition=&submit=Search

Since you are in NC you may have already talked to these guys:

http://www.dhrvcenter.com/

http://www.southlandrv.com/

Bill
CampLite 11

Mountianeer

NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/14 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone help me with pricing info on CampLite travel trailers. My wife and I really like the 21fbs. However, it's on the very high end of our price range. Every dollar we spend on our TT is money we don't spend actually traveling. All of my research says don't pay more than 2/3 the posted MSRP for a TT (yeah, I know there isn't such a thing in a lot of cases).

However, it seems like a lot of people are paying top dollar (near list) price for LivinLite products. It looks like supply isn't quite keeping up with demand so that is certainly part of it.

Thoughts? Is there much wiggle room?

exploringcarolina

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/14 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks,

The tile worked out nicely!

djsamuel

Clermont, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/14 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks great!

exploringcarolina

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/14 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Installed vinyl tiles directly over the aluminum floor in the CampLite today.

Purchased tiles for $6.50 each at Lowes. Tiles are .2" thick.

Before:

Michael in MN

MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/14 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 16BHB, and am unimpressed by how the plumbing was run under the trailer. One thing I like to do to camp in cold weather, but with exposed plumbing crossing back and forth across the underside of the trailer, I end up using water jugs instead of plumbing any time it gets near freezing. So I figured out that on the 16BHB you can run all the supply side plumbing inside the trailer without disrupting the look of the interior too badly.

A trip to the home despot and a hundred bucks in PEX, and I now have indoor plumbing.

The red lines are how I routed the supply lines. I ran white & red PEX from the pump (P) under the shower, where I picked up the shower and toilet, through the gap between the shower and dinette, under the dinette bench where I picked up the water heater (W), then under the dinette benches around to the kitchen.

The plumbing is visible in the 5" gap between the shower and dinette and would be visible between the dinette and kitchen, but I already filled the kitchen side gap with slide-out shelves. So on my camper, you can't see pipes in that gap.

Here's a pic of the shelf. It hides the plumbing that feeds the kitchen sink.

This is the first step toward being able to camp a bit farther into the fall before having to winterize. I'm dreaming up a way to have a small tank under the bunk that I can switch in to the suction side, and if that fails, I'll add tank heaters.

Here's a winter pic for those in the south who are suffering the heat. Just think - ice cold slushies wherever you look. Just remember that the yellow ones aren't lemonade.

-----------------------------
LivinLite Camplite 16BHB
2011 Ford F150 EgoBoost

Poncherelly

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/14 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm in the middle of installing a SeeLevel system and have the pump and water heater connected. I have a reset light beside the seelevel but can't figure out how it needs to be connected. I might leave it separate. Next step once the mosquitos allow me to spend more time outside I'll add the sensors on to the tanks and finish the install. Odd its not standard, but I guess if it would I wouldn't be installing (IMO) a better system than the standard stuff.

2015 Camplite 21BHS pulled by a 2014 Audi Q7

Now that's camping

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/14 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great info Dbegno1, thanks for sharing.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS