Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Next
Sponsored By:
OBXcamper

Salem Va

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/14 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VERY informative thread, thanks for everyone sharing. The 13BHB is now on my short list.

'03 2500HD CrewCab SB 6.0 Gas 4x4
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
No Ranchos, no air bags, no problem

djsamuel

Clermont, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/14 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just completed a 5,000mike trip from Florida to the Grand Canyon and Moab, UT with our Camplite 21BHS towed by our Ram 1500. Camper was perfect and towing with the Ram was great, even on some long grades. Averaged over 11MPG.

Picture of Our Trailer

Camplite 21BHS

exploringcarolina

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/14 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are several manufacturers owned by THOR:

http://www.thorindustries.com/corp/recreational-vehicles

Always like to read BBB reports on manufacturers including LivinLite. After we purchased our 2010 CampLite 11, called Don in service @ LivinLite and told him problems found. Wanted parts to make repairs myself, so Don shipped everything I wanted without question. Have had very few issues with our CampLite, appreciate the tough aluminum plank floor and overall rugged construction.

Been considering several different Camper manufacturers lately for our next TT purchase. After a 23 night camping trip in our 11' CampLite last month, helped make up our minds for the next camper purchase, probably will be a CampLite TT.

Bill
CampLite 11

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/14 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

brookside wrote:

I read a couple of reviews online at the BBB and I would twice and do some waiting before purchasing since Thor has purchased the company. We just could not consider a Thor product.

Thor's been building Airstreams for thirty four years- seems like they've done O.K. with THAT alumunum (skinned) trailer.

Point being, it's a big company- maybe some type/brand names are better built than others

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

brookside

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/14 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read a couple of reviews online at the BBB and I would twice and do some waiting before purchasing since Thor has purchased the company. We just could not consider a Thor product.

Cathy, Alfred, and Andrew.
Appreciating each day

exploringcarolina

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/14 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got to test the floor last night & this morning. Subjective evaluation here, the vinyl was cool (OK to walk on), but not nearly as cold as the bare aluminum floor. Very happy we installed the vinyl floor and carpet mats. Recommend this upgrade.

Photo taken this morning 9/11:

funpilot

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/14 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Exploringcarolina has done an excellent job on the flooring so he can give up his day job. I will be picking up my Livinlite 28bhs 2 days from now that comes with fake wood plank vinyl flooring already installed. I do not expect it to do anything about the coldness of the floor, so I am waiting to read what Exploringcarolina says about the carpet mats ...

exploringcarolina

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/14 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The bare aluminum floor gets cold in the winter. We installed vinyl floor in our CampLite. Camped down to the 50s so far and the floor covering installed is not nearly as cold as it was before installing the vinyl. Will be camping in temps down to the 40s later this month and will report back. Seems like the interior temps are more consistent with the addition of the floor covering. There is insulation in the walls & ceiling.

Also keep carpet floor mats over the vinyl floor. I am intentionally stepping on the vinyl, not the carpet, when checking floor temps.

Carpet mats,

Vinyl floor,

Michael in MN

MN

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/14 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jackquontee wrote:

I'd like to ask whether or not these units are prone to become warmer or cooler (depending on the outside temperature) as a result of all of the aluminum used to build them?

I'm pretty sure the floor will be closer to the outside air temperature than a conventional trailer. It's aluminum, with more surface area exposed to the outside than the inside.

Rugs or mats help keep the floor feeling warmer in winter.

-----------------------------
LivinLite Camplite 16BHB
2011 Ford F150 EgoBoost

jackquontee

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/14 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd like to ask whether or not these units are prone to become warmer or cooler (depending on the outside temperature) as a result of all of the aluminum used to build them?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS