Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Next
Sponsored By:
exploringcarolina

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/14 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got to test the floor last night & this morning. Subjective evaluation here, the vinyl was cool (OK to walk on), but not nearly as cold as the bare aluminum floor. Very happy we installed the vinyl floor and carpet mats. Recommend this upgrade.

Photo taken this morning 9/11:

Bill
CampLite 11

funpilot

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/14 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Exploringcarolina has done an excellent job on the flooring so he can give up his day job. I will be picking up my Livinlite 28bhs 2 days from now that comes with fake wood plank vinyl flooring already installed. I do not expect it to do anything about the coldness of the floor, so I am waiting to read what Exploringcarolina says about the carpet mats ...

exploringcarolina

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/14 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The bare aluminum floor gets cold in the winter. We installed vinyl floor in our CampLite. Camped down to the 50s so far and the floor covering installed is not nearly as cold as it was before installing the vinyl. Will be camping in temps down to the 40s later this month and will report back. Seems like the interior temps are more consistent with the addition of the floor covering. There is insulation in the walls & ceiling.

Also keep carpet floor mats over the vinyl floor. I am intentionally stepping on the vinyl, not the carpet, when checking floor temps.

Carpet mats,

Vinyl floor,

Michael in MN

MN

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/14 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jackquontee wrote:

I'd like to ask whether or not these units are prone to become warmer or cooler (depending on the outside temperature) as a result of all of the aluminum used to build them?

I'm pretty sure the floor will be closer to the outside air temperature than a conventional trailer. It's aluminum, with more surface area exposed to the outside than the inside.

Rugs or mats help keep the floor feeling warmer in winter.

-----------------------------
LivinLite Camplite 16BHB
2011 Ford F150 EgoBoost

jackquontee

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/14 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd like to ask whether or not these units are prone to become warmer or cooler (depending on the outside temperature) as a result of all of the aluminum used to build them?

Mountianeer

NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/14 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks djsamuel. Most helpful.

2012 GMC Sierra SLE 4wd Ext Cab Z71 5.3L/3.42 w/tow pkg and Prodigy P2
2015 Coachmen Apex 239RBS w/50th Anniversary Package

djsamuel

Clermont, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/14 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did a search of prices and used a price from Southland RV to get my local dealer here in Florida to drop down for our 21BHS. He knew either he would match the price, or I'd make the drive to pick up the camper. He matched the price. We still paid a bit more than other trailers, but not nearly as much if we didn't talk the dealer down some. We paid a bit more than 2/3 of MSRP, but are happy with the price, and the camper.

Picture of Our Trailer

Camplite 21BHS

Mountianeer

NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/14 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks exploringcarolina! We are going to the RV show in Raleigh this weekend. Plan to talk to the folks at DH there. I'll check out the other two.

exploringcarolina

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/14 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These guys have competitive pricing:

http://www.sunnyislandrv.com/inventory.php?category=&manufacturer=Livin+Lite&brand=&condition=&submit=Search

Since you are in NC you may have already talked to these guys:

http://www.dhrvcenter.com/

http://www.southlandrv.com/

Mountianeer

NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/14 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone help me with pricing info on CampLite travel trailers. My wife and I really like the 21fbs. However, it's on the very high end of our price range. Every dollar we spend on our TT is money we don't spend actually traveling. All of my research says don't pay more than 2/3 the posted MSRP for a TT (yeah, I know there isn't such a thing in a lot of cases).

However, it seems like a lot of people are paying top dollar (near list) price for LivinLite products. It looks like supply isn't quite keeping up with demand so that is certainly part of it.

Thoughts? Is there much wiggle room?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Livin Lite Camplite owner - review/comments
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS