Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Quartzsite, Arizona
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Quartzsite, Arizona

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
retiredsnook

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 12:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We could be passing Quartzsite the end of October on our way to Arizona. Is there anything going on in October or are the big shows only in January and February? Thank you.

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 12:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

Yes the "Big" shows are in January and Feburary, but there are still things going on. You will be able to get a full hookup site, easy, and many places will be getting ready for the 100,000 or so RV's to show up over the next 4 months.

There are places that stay open all year long, and some places like the solar installers show up about this time of year and stay around until spring break, when it is to hot to stay around.

You can google map Quartzsite, and see what the town looks like. I would print out a map of the town, and sort of study it, there are not that many streets, and you will get to know your way around town before even getting there.

If you only plan on staying one or two nights, and explore the area, then a full hookup site in town is reasonable, only in the $18 - $28 range. Or stay where I like to stay, on hard packed gravel at the Plomosa Road and highway 95, about 7 miles north of town. The road goes east to Plomosa, about 13 miles away, and for the first 2 miles there is dry camping allowed on both sides of the road. Only about 150,000 Rv's can fit into this space, so get there early to get your spot!

Fred.

Gadget Guy

Calgary

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Which town of Quartzsite are you referring to on your way to Arizona???? The only one that I know of is in Arizona. Is there another Quartzsite that I have been missing???

Happy Prospector

The Great Sonora Desert

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 09:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The post heading says Quartzsite, Arizona. Does that give you a hint?

Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 (Green-It's your Daddy)
One Tough Kitty Named Bob

retiredsnook

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the info. I think we will check it out then. Yes, Happy Prospector, Arizona.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can always check out the bookstore. It is the only other thing that made the New York Times other than the local Quartzite politics.

rocmoc

Southern AZ/Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 03:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only thing going on is GREAT off-roading in some of the best weather of the year. No bugs, no people & no heat! Here is a site where you can get in contact with locals, ridingarizonadotcom.

rocmoc n AZ

rocmoc n Southern AZ/Mexico

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 03:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Golden_HVAC wrote:

Hi,Yes the "Big" shows are in January and Feburary, but there are still things going on. You will be able to get a full hookup site, easy, and many places will be getting ready for the 100,000 or so RV's to show up over the next 4 months.Fred.

I am going to do this for the first time too and will be arriving in a week or so.

When you say there are full hook ups, do you mean right on the grounds or do you have to look for a CG to get full hook ups. Tks.

This is going to be my one and 'only' time going so if I may ask, which of these CG's is the best one to stay at.

Places for camping near Quartzsite, AZ
Desert Sunset RV Park
- 1 Google review
www.thescenicroad.com - 480 North Central Boulevard, Quartzsite - (928) 927-6443
Arizona Sun RV
- Place page
www.arizonasunrv.com - 715 East Quail Trail, Quartzsite - (928) 927-5057
Pattie's RV Park
- Place page
maps.google.com - 455 E Main Street, Quartzsite - (928) 927-4223
Shady Lane RV Park
- 1 Google review
maps.google.com - Arizona 95, Quartzsite - (928) 927-6844
Desert Edge Rv Park
- Place page
maps.google.com - 855 Rogers Place, Quartzsite - (928) 927-6605
Crawfords Trailer Park
- 1 Google review
maps.google.com - 315 Main Street #1, Quartzsite - (928) 927-6594
Dome Rock Campgrounds
- Place page
maps.google.com - 2995 W Dome Rock Rd, Quartzsite - (928) 927-5173

* This post was edited 10/18/11 03:28pm by rockhillmanor *

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

D&E Johnson

Ontario, Canada/Quartzsite, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 03:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

there are about 70 rv parks in Quartzsite, some small, some larger. We will be there by the 1st of Nov, but we have a lot in Rainbow acres(not an rv park). Many of the parks have websites, check them out on rv park reviews. None of the Q parks have a pool, but most have activities to some degree. If you continue east on I-10 to exit 31, head to Brenda, Black Rock rv village and Desert Gold both have lots of activities and a pool..very nice parks. Its about 20 miles east of Q. This is also an area you can leave right from the park on atv's. The tyson stage museum is worth a stop. Its on business 10 right past Silly Al's pizza- the "in" place for pizza and beer. Also, for fish- go up Central Ave(Hwy 95) and find the Grubstake, on the right hand side, doesn't look like much, but the fish is excellent.. Very busy place in winter. We are leaving Ontario this saturday morning for our 8th year in Q. We belong to the metal detecting club and have a blast.. their first meeting is Wed Nov 2nd at the QIA bldg (behind LaMesa RV at 7pm. Stop by if interested..lots of great people.. If more questions, just ask. Dona

Dona and Elvin

2010 Dodge Laramie 3500 4x4 Mega cab-in Pearl black/tan
2007 Open Road 359RL3S
2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/11 04:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockhillmanor wrote:

When you say there are full hook ups, do you mean right on the grounds or do you have to look for a CG to get full hook ups. Tks.

This is going to be my one and 'only' time going so if I may ask, which of these CG's is the best one to stay at.

Look at these reviews - much better than Googles.

RV Park Reviews

We don't stay at the RV parks, but boondock on BLM land instead. To really get a "feel" for Quartzsite it's recommended you try to go mid-January, if possible. That's when most of the sellers will be there, along with most of the people! You won't find much going on in October. Enjoy your trip whenever you go.

Full-Timers for 16 Years
.... Now Seasonal
2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
2014 Chevy Equinox
2004 Jeep Liberty - for our fun

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Quartzsite, Arizona
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS