Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Front Kitchen
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Front Kitchen

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Paints

Central Coast of Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/11 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking at a Country Coach with a front kitchen.. Any pro's or con's to that?
Thanks in advance

toughnut

usa

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/11 04:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paints wrote:

We are looking at a Country Coach with a front kitchen.. Any pro's or con's to that?
Thanks in advance

I specifically bought my 2008 Allegro bus for the front kitchen
with mid living room.Just like home especially with the 42 inchTV at eye level mid stream.

Mr.Mark

California/Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/11 07:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you like it, that's all that matters. But, one thing I noticed (for us) is that when we have people sitting in our 'front' living area, the pilot/co-pilot chairs are NOT in the living area if you have the front kitchen.

If that works for you, thats fine, but it would not work for us. We sometimes have 6-8 people over for cocktails and it's nice having everyone in the living room and not separated by the kitchen.

YMMV,
MM.

Mr.Mark
2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42.2 ft., 4 slides, 425 hp clean-air Cummins diesel
2013 Honda CR-V EXL, AWD, w/Nav, SMI Air Force One vacuum-assisted braking

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/11 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think there would be any pros or cons, just personal preference. If you like the floor plan with a front kitchen, that's all that matters.

toughnut

usa

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/11 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

I don't think there would be any pros or cons, just personal preference. If you like the floor plan with a front kitchen, that's all that matters.

I agree however have U actually seen one yourself?

toughnut

usa

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/11 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr.Mark wrote:

If you like it, that's all that matters. But, one thing I noticed (for us) is that when we have people sitting in our 'front' living area, the pilot/co-pilot chairs are NOT in the living area if you have the front kitchen.

If that works for you, thats fine, but it would not work for us. We sometimes have 6-8 people over for cocktails and it's nice having everyone in the living room and not separated by the kitchen.

YMMV,
MM.

Like I say dont judge till you
have seen one and been in one
there is more room in a front kitchen model than others.I have yet to see any unit thats "roomy" with 8 people

jcthorne

Houston, TX

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/11 02:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We fell in love with our front kitchen Damon. I alwasy hated the tv over the drivers head. Now that we have one, will never go back to that odd arrangement.

The front kitchen also makes loading the motor home easier. And at least with ours, the passenger seat is still very much 'in the action' for guests as some usually sit in the dinette as well as the sofa and recliner.

The arrangement is MUCH more home like in use that the mid kitchen design.

2008 Damon 3575 (38ft, forward kitchen)on Ford 22k chassis

sailor_lou

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/11 05:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would think that configuration would shift more weight to the front axle, but if designed properly, that should not be a issue. Considering Country Coach was a quality manufacturer, I'd check it out but wouldn't be too concerned. If you like the floorplan go for it.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

toughnut

usa

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/11 02:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jcthorne wrote:

We fell in love with our front kitchen Damon. I alwasy hated the tv over the drivers head. Now that we have one, will never go back to that odd arrangement.

The front kitchen also makes loading the motor home easier. And at least with ours, the passenger seat is still very much 'in the action' for guests as some usually sit in the dinette as well as the sofa and recliner.

The arrangement is MUCH more home like in use that the mid kitchen design.

JCthorne you are right on the money with your post.I agree 100%
with everything you posted.We also have the front kitchen.In our AB with both slides out and the Captain chairs turned around U have one big room for sure and no neck strain when watching TV

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Front Kitchen
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS