Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Dining Booth
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Dining Booth

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
KNSMCCL

CO

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/11 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just built a new booth for my trailer. Costs about 400$ with the 5" cushions.Vstar products the place to Check. Just wanted more storage for my things. Still have table and chairs will part with them soon.

2000 Dodge 2500 4X4 1986 Fleetwood Terry Taurus 245 FW Westminster, CO You never no what's around the next corner. [unknown]

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/11 05:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try an rv salvage yard.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

clev

San Marcos, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/11 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KNSMCCL wrote:

I just built a new booth for my trailer. Costs about 400$ with the 5" cushions.Vstar products the place to Check. Just wanted more storage for my things. Still have table and chairs will part with them soon.

I appreciate all the replies. KN, did you have any plans or diagrams for your construction? Storage is also one of the reasons I'd like to have the booth setup.

'99 E-350 HiTop SuperDuty 7.3, ordered & rcvd Dec. '98. SuperChip, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, U.S. Gear Underdrive, AutoMeter C2 3-gauge pillar mount.

1994 Holiday Rambler 35 CSSO.

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/11 01:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ritablack wrote:

Have you ever sat in one of those booths for a long time. They are not the most comfortable things around.They also claim to be able to make up into another bed, but my grandson (13 yo) couldn't stretch out on it.

How big is your 13 year old grandson? My 5'8, 23 year old son, has slept comfortably on ours for a week stretch at a time. I also have slept on it with my grandaughter for a couple of nights when she stayed (I am a small female, but it still accomodated both me and six year old grandaughter). Its a bit wider than your regular twin, I am sure its a tad shorter, as most RV beds of any kind are shorter than house models, but it seems a good bit wider than a standard twin.

I agree with others who said (To the OP) it is usually the other way around. I hate the dinette booth, and would love to not have one at all in mine.

I say think long and hard about this - they are very uncomfortable and your dining table and chairs probably runs rings around a booth comfort wise.

* This post was edited 09/22/11 04:39pm by JayWalker2009 *

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/11 01:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've seen pre-made dining booths at a couple of the RV furniture sites. Some convert to beds, others don't. They are not really like the built-ins. That you would have to build yourself or have a carpenter do it.

You need places in the RV structure where you can fasten the booth. That's a lot easier to find on RVs with framed walls and wooden floors, rather than laminated foam-core panels everywhere. That your TT does not have a booth suggests there might be a place to tie one into the structure, unless the table and chairs was an upgrade option for a TT that normally had a booth.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Dining Booth
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS