Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: TST Tire Monitoring Systems - 507 or 510?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> TST Tire Monitoring Systems - 507 or 510?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
mtrumpet

Hamburg, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/11 04:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just received the 507 system today. IF we EVER get any decent weather up here, I'll install it and see what happens.

Mark & Cherie (& Chloe)
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis
2003 Ford Explorer, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar w/ Ready Brake & Ready Stop

sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/11 07:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mtrumpet wrote:

holstein13 wrote:

I bought the 507s. Can't imagine why a replaceable battery wouldn't last as long as a non-replaceable one. What's the difference? What kind of batteries are in the 510?

I don't know. That's exactly what is stated on a website that sells these particular TST systems.

More than likely the sealed 510 system has lithium-Ion Batteries and the replaceable battery unit would use a coin type watch/hearing aid battery.

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2005 Ford Focus Automatic Station Wagon
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain

wagonmaster2

northcentral oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/11 10:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone currently owning a Pressure Pro or Doran system replace their sensors at $35 each or $350 for 10 sensors when the batteries go dead or just replace the whole system with a TST system at $499? My PP sensors are about 4 years old so I'm expecting to have some start failing pretty soon and wondering if I'd be better off spending the money on a different system considering the problems I've had with the PP.

Wagonmaster2

randco

Somewhere in time

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/11 01:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jim Norman wrote:

I am thinking that this is the year for the Tire Pressure Monitor.

Q1. What battery does the 507 take?
Q2. How long do they really last?
Q3. If I were to go with the 510, is there a 'replacement sensor' Price? or are they $50 each?
thanks

Is there a replacement sensor - Yes

They are not $50 each. You send your sensor in a get a replacement sensor for $19.95

offthewall

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/11 01:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mtrumpet wrote:

Ok. In the interest of not starting a redundant topic with regard to tire pressure monitoring systems, I searched through and read all of the posts in topics regarding tire monitoring systems here on the forum. After some extensive and thorough research on the various systems available, I've concluded that the TST system is the one for me to try. The TST seems to be very popular amongst many here on RV.net, receiving many positive comments.

However, I'm on the fence in choosing between the two systems offered by TST. The differences being that the 510 does not offer user repleacable batteries in the tire sending caps, but claims that the sendng units last 5 to 7 years before needing replacements, which are then offered at a discount. On the other hand, the 507 offers user repleacable batteries in the tire sending units, but state that the batteries only are expected to last 9 months to 1 year before needing battery replacement.

Opinions? Experiences in choosing and using either of these two particular TST systems?

We have the 510 system as that was the only one available when we purchased ours 4 years ago. Still going strong.

2010 Itasca Meridian V Class 34Y
NJ tag: "THE RV"

2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Toad
NJ tag: "BLKJEEP"

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/11 01:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FYI...the 507 system sensors last "up to two years" according to the system manual. Installed the system two days ago and it performed flawlessly on our trip to AZ from San Diego. I like the monitor for the 507 much better than the 510. Finally, battery life of 5-7 years is worthless if the sensors fail well before that which was the case with my 510 system.....Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/11 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HI all.

Some years ago we bougth the Duran Tire Monitiring System. I called them directly and spoke to them for almost a hour with questions. One specifically about replacement Battries. I was told that replacement Battries would be avaibile for many many years to come. The original Battries were soupposed to last 4-5 years. Which they didn't. I called Duran, and spoke to them again. You guessed it, no replacement Battries anymore. They said because I had bought one of their system before, and I was a "Perfered Customer" that I would be given a 15% discount on a Brand New Duran System. Which costs more even with the 15% discount, that what the TST System would cost for a 10 wheel system. I told Duran that I would never trust them again. Go with the replaceable Battries. And maybe put some though into buying some extra Sensors ahead of time, to insure that you will have back ups for when one dies on you. As one could be scrubbed off or taken by someone, or for what ever reason one might go missing or just gives out on you. We will only use a Tire Monitoring Systen now with "Replaceable Battries". Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

Dutch & Di

Livingston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/11 09:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm curious too as our 510 system-which I happen to like better thant the 507-has preformed flawlessly in the year and a half of fulltime use. Diana

offthewall wrote:

Executive wrote:

FYI...the 507 system sensors last "up to two years" according to the system manual. Installed the system two days ago and it performed flawlessly on our trip to AZ from San Diego. I like the monitor for the 507 much better than the 510. Finally, battery life of 5-7 years is worthless if the sensors fail well before that which was the case with my 510 system.....Dennis

Just curious, in what manner did the 510 sensors fail?

2014 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

offthewall

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/11 05:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Executive wrote:

Just curious, in what manner did the 510 sensors fail?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> TST Tire Monitoring Systems - 507 or 510?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS