Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Wiring diagram for 1989 Fleetwood Prowler (Regal) A/C
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Wiring diagram for 1989 Fleetwood Prowler (Regal) A/C

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
happyjack2

Winchester VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/11 02:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello all,

I need the wiring diagram ( if it exists ) for my 32.5 Prowler. I am most interested in the wiring for a front air conditioner. My rig has a switch in the roof " Front A/C ". I am wondering if it was pre-wired for another A/C and what exactly the switch does. I would assume on a 30 amp rig it would allow you to run either the front or rear A/C. Anybody out there that has or had an older Fleetwood with two A/C units might be able to enlighten me.

Thanks,

Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

Sundowner1

Chesapeake, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/11 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good news is that if you take the bezel for the front vent off, you should see the wiring for the front ac.

Bad news is there are no wiring diagrams for towable rv's. they run the wiring where ever they can and their is no such thing as color coding.

Sundowner

2010 chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew, std bed, 4x4
08 Fleetwood Quantum 325rkts

Chris

Shelter Bay, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/11 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually years ago Feetwood/Terry provided me with detail DC and AC electrical engineering diagrams for my 1996 Terry 5th wheel. However where the wires run in the walls is a mystery on just about all RV's. Go camp at the factory with your camera and take lots of pictures if you order one!

Chris

My Rig
2001.5 2500 STD CAB AUTO SLT 4x4, CTD 4:10's, Bomb'd to Tow
2005 Cardinal 29WBLX.

happyjack2

Winchester VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/11 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Sundowner and Chris. I will pull the trim rings down on the forward vents and look for the A/C wiring.

I'll pull that switch down and use my VOM to see it if it energizes the front A/C wiring and de-energizes the rear A/C. A wiring diagram would have been a great help.

It is a shame that RVs have so little documentation. There should be a pdf file you could download from Fleetwood files. It's not like it's a patent or something. Fleetwood customer service replied to my email that since the towables division went bankrupt in 2009 no information exist. Pretty lame response. Luckily all GM vehicles had factory wiring diagrams, even my 1983, before they took the big dive last year.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Wiring diagram for 1989 Fleetwood Prowler (Regal) A/C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Motorhome Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS